Monday 2 June 2014

Report says Glioma in the left frontal temporal region of brain

We were awaiting the Report and the MRI scan sheets.  The department delivered the report and the scan sheets in time.  The report read there was a tumor, possibly glioma, in the left frontal temporal region of the brain.  With this in hand we started waiting for the Doctor's arrival to the hospital.  It was Vijayadasami and most of the Doctors were on leave.  This Neurophysician came to for my consultation and to attend to in-patients.

My mother's sister called up and asked what the report said.  We told it to her and she conveyed it to her brother in law, who had his laptop with him.  My mobile did not have internet connectivity (2011).  He might have read what glioma read, but was good enough to hide facts from me and told me it is not anything big and asked to wait for the Doctor.

He rushed in to the hospital within the next 10 minutes.  I was the only Out Patient waiting for him.  He came into his Consulting room, put up the scan sheet for inspection and turned the light on.  'Oh this is tumor, you have to undergo surgery immediately.  Can you get admitted tomorrow'.  We were shocked, I was not prepared for a surgery 'immediately' and my father was out of town.  We called up my father and he said he would return the next day.  The Doctor said that he was out of town for the next couple of weeks.  We had to find a good surgeon.

My mother was all the more worried.  She could not stop weeping if someone called her over her mobile.  I did not bother myself at all (!!!!) and was completely normal.  (Probably because I felt I would not get seizures after the surgery)  She took me to Mc Donalds and got me a burger.  She also got me a Softee cone ice-cream, I was inert and relished every bit of it.

Thankfully, I did not google deep enough to find what glioma was.

No comments:

Post a Comment