Thursday 12 June 2014

Loss of consciousness - from seconds to minutes

The symptoms had come to an extent that those around me could also notice.
 
Gradually, by April 2010, I realized that at certain times, none of my senses worked for a fraction of a second.  This sickness for felt almost every morning when I got ready to office, may be when I brushed my teeth, or when I went to shelf to take my clothes.  The duration was very short and my mother hardly noticed it.  By then, it was evident that something was wrong with me.  But what?  I never knew.

I never knew when it would attack me.  Once I got it when attending a call from office.  I do not know how long I was at that state and what the listeners from the other side would have felt about me.  I was still afraid to inform this to my mother.  I somehow felt it would gradually vanish, but that never came true.


The time period increased to seconds.  I got it once when discussing technical matters with a colleague and he noticed it.  He asked me to take some water once I recovered and we continued our discussion.




When it became seconds, naturally, my mother noticed it.  She was taken aback to see me undergo this.  One morning, I got it when I took tea and came to the hall, and the tea spilt from the cup my hand to the floor.  This would have been a fortnight since she first noticed this disorder.  She became persistent about taking me to a Doctor.  That very evening, she took me for a consultation.  


We knew Dr. Praveen Kumar who has a clinic near CMH Road in Indiranagar.  He had been treating my mother for diabetes and Blood Pressure.  The Doctor is very good at diagnosis.  It so happened that my mother informed him of my personal issues in life and I had loss of consciousness then and there.  He prescribed that I undergo an EEG at a specific hospital and get back to him with the report.

No comments:

Post a Comment