Saturday 31 May 2014

Search for a Surgeon

The Neurophysician had insisted that I undergo the surgery as soon as possible.  We had to start looking out for a surgeon.  I called up the physician who asked me to undergo EEG and he told me about a senior Neuro Surgeon and gave me his contact number.  The neuro surgeon was out of country that week.

My father then contacted his cousin, whose daughter in law is a neuro surgeon.  She then asked us to consult her Senior, who is practicing at the hospital (Manipal Hospitals, Old Airport Road, Bangalore) where I underwent EEG.

Meanwhile my sister who was working in Delhi availed a month's leave and came home through flight.  I could hear her wailing to my mother one early morning before her arrival.  She had browsed the internet about glioma with her friend the previous night.

We went to consult the Surgeon Dr. Praveen M Ganigi.  He asked normal questions about the seizures, the anti consultants that I was taking and started inspecting the scan.  He confirmed that a surgery was required and asked us whether we ready to get the surgery performed at the same hospital.  Within that short duration, I was convinced that he was a good surgeon and we informed that I could get admitted the very next day.  He told us that there were few equipments required and that he would call us once he gets them.  During this conversation, Dr. KM Bopanna who was practising with Dr. Praveen M Ganigi in 2011 walked in and joined in the consultation.  Since we were ready to get the surgery done there, he asked me to consult a neuro physician Dr. Uday A Murgod practicing in the same hospital.

We asked the Surgeon whether it is required to shave my hair.  He said that it was not required.  He did not panic us in any way.  

We consulted the neuro physician and he was a bit worried looking at the long list of oral medicines I was taking.  However, he had to add another drug (Frisium)  to the list.


No comments:

Post a Comment