Monday 5 May 2014

Recuperation

I took me a little more than six months to return back to normalcy.  Doctor had asked me to walk everyday, so that it would be an exercise and I could get some fresh air too.  I used to do that until the treatment period, but once I got back to work, my concentration went there.

I remember waiting to recollect for words that I want to speak (especially in English), even in front of my neuro physician, but those doctors were so good, they would either give me time to speak out or help me out.  My father once asked whether it was necessary for me to undergo treatment for memory loss, but the Doctor politely refused.

I did have difficulty at work too, in understanding, in completing assignments and well as attending calls.  The support my team members and friends provided was enormous.  Nobody ever let me down.  Inspite of it, I tried to maintain low profile and was unhappy that I was not performing well, when compared to my peers.  I wanted to improve.

My friends at office helped me a lot, I take the liberty to mention their names here, Geetha and Sowmya helped me when I went to fill in a few forms in the month of March, when chemotherapy was going on.  There are many of them who helped me.

By June 2013, I think I was quite back to normalcy at work too.  Atleast got better in understanding and speaking without much struggle.

I had not pressure to work beyond my limits and was given as my much time required to get back to normalcy. 

I owe my special thanks to my parents, my sister and my surgeon who had kept encouraging me and boosting the feeling that I was normal.  I do not brood of minor illnesses.  My surgeon had asked me to tell myself every morning and night that I was alright a hundred times.  A continuous feel that I am alright keeps me alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment