Saturday 5 July 2014

A few thoughts....


How long will I be alive?  The first question that strikes a person who gets to know that he has cancer.

Cancer, a critical illness, is not an infection.  Cancerous cells multiply faster than the normal cells too.  It is unfortunate that complete cure for all forms of cancer has not yet be discovered (indirectly meaning it has been found for some forms of it).  Surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy are the normal forms of treatment and it depends on the part of the human body affected.

Cancerous cells started growing within my brain.  I too was disappointed.  I read a line written in place of a hospital name 'CANCER IS NOT FATAL' and it gave me some mental strength, no doubt.


I CAN SIR


I had written an article and it got published in the The Hindu - A cancer survivor's testimony of the battle and got a number of responses from the readers.  MANY RESPONSES WERE FROM CANCER SURVIVORS.  And most of them had their treatment more than five years ago.  Few of them had undergone treatment before ten years ago.  Reading those replies have made me more confident.

Those diagnosed with cancer, let us face treatment bravely, and remember the life we will have after it.  Let us forget that it is malignant and concentrate on daily life.  It is with that in mind that I have completed this blog.

For others, this is to create an awareness.  I also request you to avoid using substances that are clearly marked as carcinogenic.

I request survivors to respond to this blog, to encourage others and boost ourselves too.  You could also write a blog and share the link :-)

10 comments:

  1. Chitra always remember, i remember reading a phrase somewhere, Cancer is just a word, not a sentence, deinitely not a life sentence!
    These instances scare and shake us a bit, but let it helps us change our lives. Prioritize your life, realising from what’s important. These changes in our life, will often be for the better. We all will live as long as we are destined to. It is in our hands to make it fulfilling! You are a brave gir l and am sure you will! Don’t sweat over these small stuffs. It’s not worth it...
    Remember the disease may have started the fight, but it is in your hands to finish it!
    Best Wishes and God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, I am not sweating over these small stuffs now, just requesting other patients not to sweat, and those addicted to carcinogenic stuff to not to get to this condition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please read the Post on Fellow Patients who Induced Bravery.
    I thought twice before giving this link on Facebook, but the reason I gave was an advertisement for Screening of Cancer at its Early Stages. While I would obviously support screening at early stages, the advertisement mentioned that one quarter of them would die the same year. This statement made the illness scary, hence I wanted to encourage those diagnosed with it. The best try I could do was to mention this link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chitra . I join you in all your endeavors and efforts...I can not advise you anything. You are brave,strong,powerful God fearing ,etc and continue vigorously with your activities. Your service to society and self will be judged and rewarded by God Almighty. As I told you once in the past along with regular medication if any with diet, exercise,etc read Narayaneeyam daily. Statistics show improved status of cancer cure. Some 35 years back my dear mother too had cancer of breast, had surgery at Adyar Institute, and survived 7 Years after she was 63...My brother was a Cancer Doctor at the Cancer Institute, Chennai and later became a Radiation Oncologist on specialized study at USA. She was hospitalized but her death was due to cardiac arrest at Royapettah Hospital and my father survived her for another 13 years...My colleague's daughter had cancer, got, married lived for 25 years in Canada. Please be not guided by Statistics. Although not named as cancer, I had an attack of Brain in 1979 ...inflammation of meninges on brain and spinal cord .set right by Lumber Puncture,etc in Bangalore.... I had headaches etc for years depending on Alprazolm,Diazepam ,Sedative tablets like Valium 10, Librium 20, daily etc and later the headache disappeared by my taking some Homeopathic tablets at Chaibasa, Bihar.. There were no medical facilities there as you know the condition in Bihar and the Bank had to post different persons in all places. Including me.. Otherwise I have no health problems wherefrom....Of course I pray God for good health of all...Chitra... I was hesitating to write to you all these but remember you daily. Continue with your excellent software work achieve many more things, be liked by all and continue helping others ...Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chitra,

    You are a strong woman, am glad you are taking the initiative to create awareness.
    Happy to join in your initiative in any possible way.

    Regards,
    Seeta
    (Indu's friend)

    ReplyDelete